Monday, August 17, 2009

Rice-a-roni: The San Francisco Treat











I have put off blogging for a while because I knew this would be a big blog. It has been almost a month but we had a great summer vacation visiting our friends Brittany and Drue in San Francisco in late July. Brittany and I danced together in college and she is now a former drill teamer who is loving teaching dance at a high school outside San Fran.

She also has a great future as a professional tour guide. She took us EVERYWHERE! The San Francisco Piers, Ghiredelli Square (best ice cream ever!), Muir Woods, Golden Gate Bridge, Santa Cruz Boardwalk, The Mystery Spot, Lombard Street, Market Street, Alcatraz, the church where Marilyn Monroe got married, and much much more! We had a good 4 days of being tourist and then I attended a studio owners conference over the weekend as Bobby when to visit his friend Tim in Seattle. San Francisco is a quirky city I decided being built on what seems like a cliff and being 60 degrees in July! (I refused to wear jeans). I was obsessed with all the flowers, especially all the hydrangea's that seams to grow everywhere. We have some great pics of us by the Golden Gate Bridge but they are one Bobby's computer so I will post them later.

Bobby was out of town over 50 days this entire summer. We both got home from our last trips of the summer last Saturday and are happy to be home. We are also thankful that we get to travel a bit with our jobs even though it is tiring. Between the two of us our summer consisted of:

- 2.5 weeks of jr high and high school camp
- 3 weeks in Mexico
- one weekend in Dallas
- one weekend in College Station
- 1 week in San Francisco/Seattle
- one weekend in Galveston
- 4 days at children's camp

:)

No comments: