Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Start of a "New Year"

For me, September 1st is like most peoples January 1st. It is when I like to re-evaluate everything going on in my life, re-prioritize and start a fresh (in addition to starting a fresh every morning thanks to Jesus!). I have tried to add more structure to my days and limit when I do studio work (when Cater naps and when Bobby is home before 6pm) and do house work while Carter is awake. No kid ever complained "my mom always did laundry" however kids do complain "my mom was always at work". So basically I end up getting very little work done. ;) One of the other things I am doing more is reading, I am almost finished with Laura Bush's biography, and trying to get out of my comfort zone.

I don't remember Septembers and the kick off of a new dance year every being this chaotic but I have never had a child in the mix either. The studio has been incredibly busy with now 300 students and a lot of staff to manage and I have been adding different programs like ballroom and a couple of others. I really love when 7:30pm comes around and Bobby and I get to put Carter to bed, eat our dinner and watch Mad Men (or Bachelor Pad). It's my favorite part of the day with my favorite person.

We are gearing up for Carter's 1st Birthday in a few weeks and I am very indecisive on most things but am looking forward to the few things that I do have planned. Here are some pictures I took in preparation. Enjoy!







1 comment:

Ryan and Melissa said...

I love Carter's Aggie pics and birthday invitation! You did a great job on the pics! By the way, Jax has the same dark grey overalls and green shirt in his size right now! haha Maybe they need a pic together in the same outfit?!? haha