Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New York New York!

The past three months I seriously think have been the busiest of my life! Talitha, Mexico Mission Trip, Woman's Retreat, Contest Season, and the most fun, discovering we are having a baby. I feel that God has allowed me to do so many great things this year and even though I am tired and feel a bit burnt out I am so thankful for the beautiful experiences I have had this whirlwind of a winter!

I am really thankful that I got to go to New York with my mom and Kirsten's Drill Team a couple of weeks ago! It was so special to experience that with them and do some things I have always dreamed of doing. I think I may have had more fun than the girls! We got to see two shows, my favorite being Chicago, went to the Empire State Building, Time Square, Macy's, Statue of Liberty, World Trade Center, etc. The big highlight for me was taking a hip hop class at Broadway Dance Center and contemporary at Alvin Ailey. Being at Ailey was a pretty big experience for me. I was in awe. Oh to have a body and move like an Ailey dancer! :)

It was so fun to be with my mom and sister and see her interact with her team. Kirsten is such a great leader and so much fun to be with.

I also discovered that I have the natural talent it takes to be a Paparazzi. I spotted Edie Falco (Sopranos), Russel Simmons (I know, no one else knows who that is but me apparently), and Jake Gylenhaal while we were there! I discovered that I watch way to much TV.

Coming back home and having the first free weekend since Christmas was pretty shocking but enjoyable. Don't worry, I have plenty to do though with work coming up! Ballet Exams, Offerings Concert, Recital Pictures and oh yes, the dreaded recital weekend! I don't think I will be relaxing for long till summer.










1 comment:

Brian, Steph, Jada, Kiva, and Judson said...

I personally appreciate your poses throughout all of your pictures. I think it speaks the word "ta-da" over and over...love you and glad to read and see an update :)