Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I Love My Job, I Love My Job, I Love My Job.....

I have been seriously feeling drained the past two weeks emotionally. Particularly with the studio. I feel that everywhere I turn I am getting parents who have complaints and frustrations. Most of them are completely wacko...I have heard it ALLLL, seriously, you would laugh. But then there are some that make me feel that I am just doing a HORRIBLE job. Sometimes I feel that my employees don't care about their job and that I work for them more than they work for me. I feel like I bend over backwards and still it is not good enough. Caviat: One mom did call me today thanking me for breaking my back for her daughter but 1 out of 15 incidents, who cares right!?

I love the concept of what I do and my greatest desire is for Chara to be the best organized, most encouraging, positive place for students and parents to be and for Christ's name to be glorified by the way we do business and teach dance. I have learned quite a few lessons that I am going to implement next year to make sure things work better and PEOPLE work better. Right now I just feel defeated and at the worst possible time...recital. Summer can not come quick enough!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Teaching school, or in your case dance, is hard, not because of the teaching, but because of the unappreciative parents! In my case also because of the apathetic students I have this year as well. :( I can't wait til summer either, it has been a rough year!

Brian, Steph, Jada, Kiva, and Judson said...

Shanna....I BRAG ABOUT YOU SO SO MUCH!!! I really think you are amazing and are doing a crazy great job in every way. You are professional, personal, intentional, and oh so thorough...and may I remind you that you are pregnant and maybe taking things a little bit more personal than normal Shanna? :) Either way, I can't wait until FRIDAY'S news! Love you and am honored to be a small part of your studio!