Saturday, August 14, 2010

Summer is over, Baby is coming!

I have not posted anything in a long time. So long that I have forgotten what we have been doing for the past month even though I know it has been a lot. The past two weeks I have been getting the studio ready to start classes on Monday. I have been training my teachers and new office manager and doing maintenance around the studio. Fun Fun! I am so thankful that I will only be teaching two mornings a week this year plus my normal work from home. I have 12 teachers on staff, an office manager and an office assistant. I am really looking forward to seeing how the studio grows this year, our 5th dance season!

I have cleaned out a couple of closets in preparation for baby and my first baby shower (which is today) and all the baby crap (I mean this in the best sense of the word) that is fixing to enter our home. My goal is for everything to have a place and my house to not look like a daycare center. I can dream can't I?

We started our birth class a couple of weeks ago and it has hit me that this baby could really be born at any time now that I am 32 weeks on Monday. I don't get overwhelmed easy but thinking that I only have 8 weeks left at most to get everything ready around the house and to prepare for maternity leave (hallelujah!) does overwhelm me.

The nausea has mostly subsided even though I did throw up during a massage last week. I need to make a list of all the places BESIDES a toilet I have barfed. Poor masseuse. My biggest frustration lately is the hands and feet swelling, all my rings have come off, and how insanely hot I can get in our 70 degree house sitting underneath a fan on full blast. :)

I will post some pictures after the shower today!

No comments: